There are so many types of electric kettles in the market today, which is understandable because it is quite useful. However, with the myriads of kettles available, a consumer will surely have a difficult time choosing which to buy. In fact, he may not even know what factors to consider in buying one. He may have a hard time deciding which type of kettle can best meet his needs. Thus, this article came up with a few answers to help every consumer look for the best electric kettle.
As a kitchen appliance, the best electric kettle is used for water heating. It heats water faster than the other kettles. Once water is poured into it, it is heated by a heating element up to a specific temperature. Some other types of kettles only heat the water up to boiling point then shut off automatically while some kettles have temperature control which lets the user decide his desired water temperature. The best electric kettle can be made of stainless steel, glass, or plastic. Heated water can be poured out through the spout. The electric kettle is equipped with a handle for easy pouring.
Kinds Of Electric Kettles
- Plastic – These electric kettles are cheaper than the others because it is made of plastic. Although some consumers complain that water from these kettles taste like plastic, there are studies which showed that a lot of these kettles are BPA-free.
- Stainless – These kettles are more expensive and don’t leave any material residue taste in the hot water. However, consumers have to be careful because even the outside part of the kettle can get very hot when water is boiling inside.
- Tea Maker – These kettles are for making tea. They have different temperature controls so that the user can choose his heating requirement. Some of these kettles even have brewing baskets.
How To Choose An Electric Kettle:
The kitchen will look even greater with a polished stainless steel electric kettle
- Size: The electric kettle comes in various sizes. It is best to buy a larger kettle so that there’s still room if there’s a need to boil more water. The smallest kettle can handle 2 cups of water.
- With or without cord: An electric kettle can have a long cord which can be plugged directly to the kettle. It can also have a heating base with a short cord. The cordless electric kettle is more expensive but can be detached from the base for easier pouring. The cord length should be examined in order to ensure that it will fit with the kitchen setup.
- Settings For Temperature Control: The electric kettle can have temperature controls for brewing tea.
- Easy-to-grasp handle: The handle of the kettle must be easily gripped to provide comfort to the user.
- Easily readable water gauge: The buyer of the electric kettle must check the water gauge from all angles. The gauge must be readable from any angle. There are kettles with a water gauge for right-hand users and there are also those for left-hand users.
- Safety: The electric kettle must have protection for boil-dry as well as auto shut off features.
- Spout: The electric kettle has a no-drip spout to prevent wastage of water when pouring.
- Concealed element: An electric kettle without concealed element can allow mineral-buildup inside it which can affect the water’s taste. Consumers who live in areas with high mineral content in their water should opt for a kettle with a concealed element feature.
- Top opening: The electric kettle has a large top opening for effortless cleaning.
- Stay Warm Feature: There are kettles which can keep the water warm for a maximum of 1 hour. This feature is perfect for those users who require hot water constantly.
- Capability To Brew Tea: The electric kettle can also brew tea. It has a brewing basket which can be useful if one wants some hot tea.
Well-known Electric Kettle Brands
- Hamilton Beach: It is a brand of affordable electric kettles in stainless steel and plastic. It offers kettles in fun colors and useful safety features.
- Cuisinart: A popular brand, it offers a few stainless steel electric kettles of high quality. However, it is a more expensive brand than the others but its kettles are feature-rich.
- Breville: This brand has electric kettles capable of brewing tea and made from high quality stainless steel.
- Toastess: This brand also offers affordable electric kettles, which are slender, tall, and jug-like in appearance. It offers kettles in stainless steel and plastic.
Personal Recommendations of best electric Kettles:
Because there are so many electric kettles in the market today, consumers may have a difficult time in selecting the best kettle for themselves. Thus, this article is presenting the top recommendations for electric kettles.
Breville BTM800XL One-Touch Tea Maker
One of the best glass electric kettles is the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker which can easily brew tea effortlessly. With this kettle, the consumer can readily select his desired temperature for the kind of tea he is brewing. The kettle automatically lowers and lifts the brewing basket for perfect steeping of the tea leaves. Brew time can also be customized. The kettle also has a keep warm feature with a LED monitor which shows the length of time the water is kept warm.
Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
The Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle takes the top spot for stainless steel models. The consumer can choose from 6 pre-set temperatures for tea brewing purposes. It also has a keep warm feature. The user can easily see how much water is still in the kettle through its blue backlit window. For safety, it has automatic shut-off and boil-dry protection features. The removable filter ensures water is tasteless. Its swiveling base allows the kettle to be moved around and poured easily.
Breville SK500XL Ikon Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
The Breville SK500XL Ikon Cordless 1.7-Liter Stainless-Steel Electric Kettle is the 2nd recommendation. It is able to heat water safely, efficiently, and quickly. It also has an auto shut-off as well as boil-dry protection safety features. Its comfortable handle makes it easy to pick up from its base and pour. It also has a scale filter to keep the water pure and clean. It is made of stainless steel with a built-in cord storage.
Compact Electric Kettles For Travel
The Chef’s Choice 673 Cordless Compact Electric Kettle is the electric kettle to be brought while traveling. It has a 1-quart capacity perfect for travel and use in small rooms. The built-in cord storage saves space and its concealed element feature ensures tasteless hot water. It also has a dry-boil auto shut off feature and also shuts off when the water starts to boil.
Under $35 Electric Kettle
The Aroma AWK-115S Hot H20 X-Press 1-1/2-Liter Cordless Water Kettle is a shiny yet small kettle which heats water efficiently and quickly. It has a capacity of 1 1/2 liters and is made of stainless steel. It can easily be removed from the base for effortless pouring. It has an automatic shut-off feature and a spout filter to ensure clean and pure water flow.